Dean Salzl (B. Sc. Kin., MPT, CAFCI) earned both a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and a Master of Physical Therapy from the University of Saskatchewan.
Dean is certified in acupuncture through the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (AFCI) and has his certification in Biomedical Dry Needling. He has also taken post-graduate courses in concussion management, manual therapy, functional capacity evaluation, functional movement screening, and corrective exercise prescription.
A former hockey player in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, Dean enjoys working with people of any age and skill level, helping them feel better and reach their goals. Dean’s treatment involves combining his knowledge of manual therapy, corrective exercise prescription, acupuncture, dry needling, and sport. He is also a strong advocate for injury prevention and incorporates this philosophy into his daily practice.
Dean has called Warman home since 2011. Away from the clinic, he enjoys watching and playing a variety of sports. You will often see him outdoors spending time with his wife and three boys.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology (2007-Great Distinction)
- Master of Physical Therapy (2009)
- Acupuncture certificate through AFCI
- Certification in Biomedical Dry Needling
- Certified Matheson Functional Capacity Evaluator
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) – Certified
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) – Certified
- Complete Concussion Management Inc. – Certified