Emile graduated from the University of Saskatchewan with a degree in Kinesiology in 2009, and a Masters in Physical Therapy in 2011. Throughout his education, he was involved in multiple sports and competed at a national level in volleyball and ultimate Frisbee. Outside of the treatment room, Emile enjoys a wide range of outdoor recreational pursuits, time in the gym, cycling, gardening, and home renovations while juggling a young family.
Emile has a manual approach to treatment often working on the myofascial system through his hands and dry needles. He emphasizes the role of exercise in short and long-term recovery as well as prevention wellness. He enjoys treating a wide range of conditions from ankle sprains to persistent pains and meeting the patient at whatever level they are at in their journey of recovery. He is a firm believer in the role of physical therapy and exercise in the management and prevention of injuries. Emile looks forward to a career in lifelong learning and continuously seeks opportunities to further develop his skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered Canadian Physical Therapy Association and Orthopedic Division Member
- Course in myofascial release
- Multiple courses in Orthopedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy
- Mackenzie Part A
- AFCI: Foundations in Anatomical Acupuncture
- Yoga and Chronic pain
- Mobilization of the Nervous System through the Neuro Orthopedic Institute
- Certification in Biomedical Dry Needling
- Sleep and musculoskeletal pain course
- Certified Gunn IMS (UBC) practitioner
- Emile likes to stay up-to-date with exercises and techniques with webinars and podcasts